How to install WordPress on cPanel by using one-click installer ‘Softaculous’?
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free web publishing software you can use to create your own website or blog. Since it was released in 2003, WordPress has become one of the most popular web publishing platforms. Today it powers more than 70 million websites! Best of all, it’s completely FREE. HostingHome provides free WordPress setup and Installation.
How does WordPress Work?
- The WordPress configuration file will be wp-config.php. The wp-config.php file contains your website database information. This is the first file to load WordPress.
- The WordPress will move on to set next information like WordPress default upload location maximum file size and other defaults are set in the wp-config.php file.
- The WordPress allows a developer to create their own layers and load them in a db.php file located inside the wp-content document root folder. It’s commonly used by WordPress to improve database performance.
- The WordPress is load on the database that you have configured. If WordPress is unable to connect to the database, the website will through the error “Error establishing database connection”.
- The WordPress will load all active plugins on the website. The plugins are additional features that help to build your website backhand.
- The WordPress will run on the theme and display output on your website. These themes help to build a beautiful website.
- The WordPress will usually load URL rewrite rules. These rules help WordPress use SEO friendly.
- WordPress is Free and Open Source
- WordPress is most popular CMS (Content Management System)
- WordPress is easy to use
- WordPress is incredibly extensible with Plugins
- Highly customizable for great flexibility
- Design any website with WordPress CMS
- WordPress is flexible with Multimedia
How to install WordPress by using Softaculous?
Step 1 – Login into your cPanel.
Step 2 – On the Software Section Select Softaculous App Installer.
Step 3 – Click on the WordPress icon, this will open several options like features, overview, and steps to install WordPress.
Step 4 – The brief overview and features are given about WordPress. Click on Install to get the details of WordPress installation.
Step 5 – Complete the WordPress setup information. The below necessary required information you need to be filled in.
- Choose Protocol: If your website has installed an SSL certificate, then choose ‘HTTPS’, if not choose ‘HTTP’ protocol.
- Choose Domain: If your hosting panel has multiple domains, then choose the name of the domain in which you would like to install WordPress.
- In Directory: Leave a blank column, so that WordPress will be installed directly on your domain.
- If you’re installing a sub-folder like ‘wp’, then your website will not load directly. This will make your website load with folder names like “example.com/wp”
- Admin Username: Enter a Username of your WordPress Dashboard.
- Admin Password: Enter a Password for your WordPress Dashboard login.
- Admin Email: Enter a valid email address.
Step 6 – Once all the information is filled in, click on the install button to install WordPress. The WordPress installation may take 1-2 min of time. Please be patient until the WordPress installation completes.
Step 7 – Once WordPress is installed, it will show WordPress admin login credentials with the dashboard URL.
Step 8 – Visit your website on the browser. Your website will show the WordPress default page.